Manchester United's ex-manager José Mourinho is to host his own show on Russian TV channel RT, formerly known as Russia Today, the station says. Mourinho, 56, will provide analysis of Champions League games in the fortnightly football programme. "I'm going to talk about football on RT. What else did you think I was going to do?" he says in a promotional video. Mourinho worked as a pundit for the Moscow-based RT network during the 2018 World Cup, which was held in Russia. He was sacked by Manchester United in December after two years at the Old Trafford club, following a disappointing period in which United said it had identified a catalogue of failings. "After the previous stage of my career was over, everyone wondered what I was going to do next,
Owner of second-tier club Tema Youth, Wilfred Osei, popularly known in football circles as Palmer has stepped up his campaign to become the next Ghana Football Association President by taking it to social media. He is one of five – the rest being Alhaji Grusah, Nana Yaw Amponsah, George Afriyie and Fred Pappoe – to openly declare they will run for the local federation’s top position when Normalisation Committee finishes its mandate by March ending. Palmer started his campaign last month and he is believed to have interacted with majority of the delegates. However, Palmer has moved to social media to garner more support from the public, launching the hashtag #P4P, which stands for Palmer for President. Wearing a three-piece traditional agbada in classy surroundings, t
Jimmy Cobblah, head coach for the national U-20 team, the Black Satellites, has said, his team knows what is ahead of them going into Saturday’s encounter against Mali in the ongoing Confederation of African Football (CAF) Youth Championship in Niger. According to Cobblah, his team was well prepared physically and psychologically in their do or die clash, as they seek to make it to the medal zone of the competition and possibly qualify for the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) World Cup in Poland later in the year. At a press conference ahead of tomorrow’s fixture at Stade General Seyni Kountche in Niger, Cobblah said “we look ready for this encounter and in times like this, it looks like you are already into the knockout stage of a competition, where you h
The national U-20 Football soccer side, the Black Satellites’ opening game against their Burkina Faso counterparts yesterday in the ongoing CAF Africa Youth Championship has been called off due to floodlights issues. A new date, according to a source at the team’s camp would be communicated soon.
Newcastle rock City’s title bid … as United stage late escape Christian Atsu (far right) joins the celebration as Newcastle struck the equalizer MANCHESTER City’s Premier League title challenge was rocked by a stunning 2-1 defeat at Newcastle, while Manchester United’s late escape preserved Ole Gunner Solskjaer’s unbeaten start in a dramatic 2-2 draw with Burnley on Tuesday. City needed a win at St James’ Park to close the gap on leaders Liverpool to one point ahead of the Reds’ clash with Leicester yesternight. But Pep Guardiola’s 100th league game as City manager proved an evening to forget for the champions. Second-placed City’s loss means Liverpool, chasing their first English title since 1990, can move seven points clear with a win over Leicester. It was a remar
The coach of Italian Serie C team Lucchese has been given a five-month ban for head-butting a member of the opposing team's staff and telling a player to break an opponent's legs. Footage of the match showed the shaven-headed Giancarlo Favarin head-butting Gaetano Mancino, assistant coach of rivals Alessandria, during a brawl at the end of a 2-2 draw between their teams on Sunday. Mancino was caught off-balance and knocked to the ground by the blow. Serie C's disciplinary tribunal said in a statement that Favarin made "blasphemous remarks" during the match and "invited his own player to 'break the legs' of an opponent." He also "began a slanging match with a member of the opposing team's staff at the peak of which he hit the latter with a violent head butt, making him
Middlesbrough have completed the signing of former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel. The 31-year-old, who won the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012, was a free agent after leaving Chinese side Tianjin Teda last month. The Nigeria midfielder made 249 Premier League appearances for Chelsea in an 11-year spell where he also won two league titles, three FA Cups and the Europa League in 2013.
Second seed Rafael Nadal ended Greek youngster Stefanos Tsitsipas’ captivating run to reach his fifth Australian Open final. Nadal, 32, was in devastating form as he beat the 20-year-old 14th seed 6-2 6-4 6-0 in one hour and 46 minutes. The Spaniard cracked 28 winners, breaking Tsitsipas’ serve six times and only facing one break point himself. He will play either top seed Novak Djokovic or France’s Lucas Pouille – who meet on Friday – in Sunday’s final. “It was a great match, it has been a great tournament and I have played very well every day,” Nadal said. “Hopefully I can play better than that.” Nadal, who won at Melbourne Park in 2009, is one more win away from winning all four Grand Slams at least twice – a feat which no other man has achieved in the Open era.
ANTHONY Martial has told his agent to that he is ready to sign a new contract at Manchester United, following Jose Mourinho’s exit last month. The Frenchman shelved talks over a new deal earlier this season due to his rocky relationship with the Portuguese manager. However, since the arrival of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Martial has found his feet at Old Trafford and has instructed his agent Philippe Lamboley to negotiate a deal worth £150,000 a week to stay at the club, according to The Mirror. The France international revealed he is enjoying life under the Norwegian manager and is hopeful to continue. He said: “I’m happy, because I’m playing more now this season than I was previously. So hopefully that can continue. “I want to continue scoring goals and obviously that will
Ghana midfielder Alfred Duncan says he is not ready to leave Sassuolo in the January transfer window despite reports of interest from some top clubs in Italy. The former Inter Milan academy product has been on the radar of Italian giants AC Milan and Napoli with Fiorentina also interested in the midfielder's signature. Duncan was a subject of a 25 million Euros transfer move to Milan but the former serie A champions were reluctant to dole up the asking price of the Nerovredi. " Future? I do not want to move in January. I want to go back to Europe with Sassuolo and play more: the first time I did only one race. As long as De Zerbi still wants me," Duncan said after Sassuolo's 0-0 draw with Inter on Sunday. Duncan has been a key cog in the Sassuolo team